forever,

Won’t argue the merits of the Boon with you as we always enjoyed our stays and times there and if they assisted the stranded EZB guests that’s even more kudos to them.

I would, however, question your comment about a check deposit being a red flag. For the past nine or ten years ago we’ve been staying at Beachside Villas and they don’t accept credit cards under any circumstances. We’ve stayed once or twice a year since we found them and it’s never been a problem. We also rented from private owners at RICLP who would only deal with checks and no CCs.

Whatever ran amok with Nicole and Ed should NOT be allowed to become a black mark against all other properties and I think there are hundreds of BSV visitors who might agree with me. No CCs does preclude the accumulation of the oft treasured FF points (or miles) but it also allows the BSV owners to hold their rates without the added increases for credit card usage. I’m not saying this would be the case with all island rental properties but we have to be careful when we paint with that very broad brush.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."