Hi,

I've booked a last minute solo 2 week-ish trip (Sun-Fri) staying at a small complex on the(French side of) Oyster Pond (with car) and would love some recommendations.

Me: Mid life, former scuba-er (nursing a torn knee ligament so no crazy diving or miles long hikes on the beach this trip), like to spend 50% of my time relaxing on quiet beaches/reading/snorkeling, 25% driving/exploring/sailing out of the way places, 24% dining/take away in hole in the wall local joints, 1% high end shopping/dining/busy area stuff. Used to be fluent in French, but I'm pretty rusty nowadays. So, I figured SXM would be a good fit for this trip, particularly since crazy hiking/diving/athletic stuff is out.

That being said, I am a foodie (have run/worked/eaten in 4 star restaurants in the Northeast, Florida, and thruout Europe). So, I don't mind blowing the budget once in a while on good food...but a freshly baked croissant for breakfast, a simple rustic European picnic lunch (baguette, good cheese, fois gros, charcuterie) and goat curry for dinner would be pretty perfect most days. Have no desire to eat American food and do not eat seafood (I've tried, trust me).

For reference, love Coral Bay on St John (and DeCoal Pot), Northside on Grand Cayman (Little Cayman even better), Leverick Bay on Virgin Gorda (their chicken roti is out of this world). Not a fan of (most of) Tortola, Cruz Bay, GC's Seven Mile Beach or St Thomas.

Oh, and I travel for work, so I'm traveling on DL thru ATL with Clear/PreCheck/Global Entry (and I don't check bags) and have no desire to watch planes take off/land. Though tricks on how to navigate Juliana would be appreciated. Have Verizon global plan, so I'm all set for wireless.

Any/all recommendations are appreciated. smile

Thanks SO much.

Last edited by TechieTechie; 01/29/2023 12:15 PM.