For a gal from Long Island, NY, I sure have been in a lot of earthquakes, even a small one in St. Martin back in the mid 2000s... so I admit, I was always wondering this past week if there will be yet another earthquake in my future!

Husband and I were at a private villa at the top of a mountain in Terres Basses, asleep in bed, when I was awoken by what felt like a train going through our backyard which is how it really is for us here at home - we literally have the Long Island Railroad going thru our backyard. The train going by shakes our house a bit. Or if you live in a city, when a big truck goes by?? You know that feeling? Yeah. So I was either already awake or the quake woke me up and I looked over at my husband and started screaming, "EARTHQUAKE!". He said he thought it was a train going by smile

It wasn't as bad as the 1994 Northridge quake in LA (yep, I was in that one, too!). But it was def big enuff to scare the sh*t outta me and make me wonder for hours after if this was just a small warning of a bigger quake to come.

Thankfully it was not, we fell back asleep, and enjoyed the rest of our St. Martin vaca!

Was lovely to be back in sxm, earthquake and all.