Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
What an amazing job of posting!! Thanks for the videos and the pictures, especially with captions. Most people don't notice the ability to add captions. Thanks so much for the report!! Carnival looks like an amazing time. It surely looks like you packed a huge amount of stuff into a short time. Sounds like you are definitely one who can 'go with the flow', as I'm sure that was very disheartening for your non-stop flight to go to a connecting one.
Carol, THANK YOU for providing this venue. I have to admit that after my first day back in the office, it was a bit onerous to do the vids and pics and I wasnt sure I was doing it right. At one point I had to re-upload the pics and would have thrown up a few more but not sure how to add.

Originally Posted by taraavo
This was a really enjoyable report. You were able to do so much, and have surely given me ideas for our upcoming trip. Having never been to Gutside or Hercule, can you tell me, are they similar? I always have 3x more restaurants on the list than we can ever make it to, when traveling. Please do more reports on future trips! well done.

Gutside is a bit more of a...global carribean flavor. Having grown up on Haitian French food, Id say the rice and plantains were the same as Haitian food but the proteins were different. Hercule was literally Haitian food, nearly the same as my mom's cooking (although my Mom can still NAIL rice and beans like no other.) Gong back, the family agreed Hercule will be our first and last stop next time. We just had dinner this evening and were talking; the family agrees there is a difference but you should experience them both.

Originally Posted by biffyclyro2
Great report. Disappointing to hear about your visit to Juggie’s. That was in my list for my upcoming trip, but maybe we will skip that.

It was a teachable moment, especially given how a few hours later, the experience at Toppers was 100% reverse. In reality, we are all judged, profiled, like it or not, 24/7/365. Juggie and Krave both singled him out but backed off upon seeing he was with our party. Not cool. But, it's how you REACT to these moments that define us. Im not sure if I heard this somewhere or conjured it myself, but 'my mere existence is offensive to someone.' I wholeheartedly agree with Scubaman, Go see Juggie. So long as you don't look 'out of place', should be fine.