Wednesday we at at le Bistronome which I think I already posted

Thursday dinner with friends at Ocean 82. Even though we had rsvp we felt rushed. Got the only empty table stuck in a corner. Food was great! We all started with Caesar salads followed by beef cheeks in wine sauce served with creamy, cheesy rice. Desert was for hubby and I their delicious light leman concoction. Sort of a thick lemon mousse shaped like a lemon. Shared a bottle of Bordeaux . $154. Per couple. Too high I think.

Friday dinner Auberge Gormand. Romantic, table for two against wall so we could survey everything. Free Champagne cocktail to start. Hubby had another Caesar salad and said it was the best so far. I had cream asparagus soup with a large scallop floating in it.

I had duck breast in wine sauce with veggies and mash potato. Hubby had veal chop which he said was cooked to perfection. He knows he has to watch his red meat intake so this will be the last he has this trip. We each had a glass of Shiraz wine.

We passed on dessert but out came a cream puff stuck with a sparkler for our wedding anniversary. Auberge was just opening 43 years ago and was the first place we ate on our honeymoon. $135.

Grand Case was crowded and restaurants were turning people away. Moral is make reservations.