Did the usual morning ritual as posted before. Took a drive to Philipsburg to see what changes there might have been. Very quiet without cruise ships. Saw the building of the new hospital and the new addition to Divi.

Where Great Bay hotel used to be is still a vacant lot. Wasn’t Planet Hollywood supposed to build there? Noticed a market close by that I’d never seen when staying at GB hotel or at Divi and Belair. Convienent.

Circled around then took “Shortcut Hill” back to Cole Bay where we gassed up at Sol station, over causeway thru Maho where, without stopping, I tried to make out name of replacement for the old Cheris. No luck. On to Porto Cupecoy.

Saw a new restaurant there Mediterranean. Menu looked good: swarms, kibitz, Greek salad, lamb, chicken dishes and others that I didn’t recognize. Ginger II has moved into where Mario’s used to be.

We ate at Mamas since my Italian hubby was having pasta withdrawal. We started with antipasto for two. He had penne bolognase . Menu read spaghetti bolognase but Chris our waiter was happy to substitute. I had Penne Siciliano pasta in red sauce with eggplant and black olives. It was very tasty. Two glasses Chianti, two coffees, one almond tart, one square of something layered with boiled cream and sponge cake. Bill was $115 which included 15% service right on the bill. Still a bargain.

Lingered over our coffee and dessert while listening to jazz. Met some locals and a couple of “semi-locals. Discussed the changes on the island. The semi own at Nettle Baie and made a great effort to convince us to rent their place.

A full day! Returned to BSV for drinks on lanai, watch sunset, then the movie Invisible Man then to bed.