Not a great flight out of Newark on United. They kidnapped my carry on bag which contained my insulin and blood pressure medication despite my protests about needing these life saving medications. I was told “don’t worry if you make it they’ll make it”. Arrival was a snap. Quickly moved thru immigration and thankfully my carry on was on the carousel. Michael’s daughter from Unity(Dbest) was waiting for us. I have been using them for over 25 years. Always get treated right.
On to Divi where check in was smooth except for the perennial fight at the concierge desk to schedule a “owners update” . I said no at least 10 times- no exaggeration. Several years ago we did it and the agent insulted me saying I only took the meeting to get the 100$. This is the only complaint I have with Divi having been coming for over 30 years. The resort is amazing. Anne Marie and her staff are doing a wonderful job. Camped out at the pool complex and had a great pizza from Slice for lunch. For dinner we headed to Maho for La Rosa II. Hadn’t been since Irma but the food was great. It was almost empty, which I don’t understand considering how good the food was. Moulin Fou was packed. Will head there sometime this trip. Roma where Cheri’s used to be looked beautiful. It will also be on the agenda for this trip. Don’t reall miss the drag shows, as it was the same shtick every year. Island inertia setting in already🤡🤡