Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I think they did well to take the 20 off as you ate the steak. To me there's not much difference between medium and well done. Any steak past rare is over cooked to begin with. As someone else said don't go to a seafood restaurant for a steak and expect a great steak even though it's on the menu. Not cool to pick up the steak with your fingers to show the waiter. Better classy ways to do it.

That is fine for you but not everyone chooses to eat a steak prepared to your personal liking. To most people, the difference between medium and well done would be huge. There is also the issue with "pink" versus red juices flowing. That is why there are rare, medium, well-done and mid-ranges of each. I prefer medium rare but that is not to say that is what someone else should order. While predominantly seafood restaurants are not thought of as a place to order a steak, a local (to me) seafood restaurant has one of the better steaks in the area and they compete against a legendary local steakhouse.

I mentioned Jax (a steakhouse) in my post, a friend ordered the seafood pasta there and said it was very good so it can go both ways.

Between service issues and inconsistent food, I have not been a fan of Skipjacks for a long time.

J.D.