Leslie came to BSV (he lives nearby) and drove the rental car to airport dropped us right at the door so no having to tote luggage too far. Ah the privilege of using the taxi entrance. He ran in to check if the JB counter was open before letting us get out. It was. So we gave our farewell hugs & kisses and entered knowing we had had trouble and no printing of the Astestation forms or boarding passes.

Lady greeted us asked all the questions then we entered a moderate size line, left our check bag and on to the gate area. It was very crowded. We were what we thought was very early for our 1 pm flight (arrived 10 am) found ourselves at the gate before 11. Decision should we eat something or not. When suddenly we heard boarding announcement for our flight. They started boarding 11:50 for a 1 pm flight???. Though perhaps time has changed and we didn't get notice.

Since we were group A (somewhat like Southwest by group instead of rows) we lined up to board. A man guided us across the tarmac like in the old days. Then he split us up by rows low # enter front door high numbers enter back door of plane. But we had to walk up stairs. No busses not ramps.

Then the fun began. We departed at 1:05 pm waited on tarmac even though Pilot said "were number one for departure" Was told no water in bathroom but toilet worked. It seemed like forever before stewardess/steward came down isle and offered drinks. I looked at the food offering and decided since my JB charge card gave me two for one, we'd get sandwiches. well no food offering except snacks. Then no one ever came by to collect debris. People walked up front to dump stuff.

The man across from me never buckled his seatbelt and no one told him to do so. I know because it was isle seat and it draped on the floor.

We arrived early but circled until our landing time.

All just seemed lax and unlike service we've had in the past. It was almost like we were back using American.

Wish I was still on SXM!

Thanks all who read my boring posts and commented.

Last edited by RonDon; 04/02/2023 12:56 PM.