Or you could say we're renewing our vows but I prefer Getting Married Again because it sounds more serious smile. Now let me bore you on how this came about. Last year's vacation was later than we normally do and ended up in Mar/Apr, so when we got back home my wife was filling out some forms and it asked for our date of marriage. At which point she said to me we had missed our anniversary when we were on island. Boy I was lucky that she missed it too. I had to go to my pictures to figure out what we did, as it turns out we had lunch at Captain Frenchie's, so not too bad. We both had a laugh over that. So a little time passes and we wanted to book a month at BSV but could only get 20 days, so we filled in the month with time at Flamingo and booked our flight. Then a few days later my wife said that we would be on island for our anniversary again, and I asked "How many years will it be?" The answer was 25 married, 35 years together! Now, to be honest, I had a few beers in me at this point and I said let's get married again, barefoot on the beach. Yes guys it was my idea. Well that's all my wife had to hear and she was off to the races on the internet, kept her busy for awhile. Put a few points in the bank with that one.
So we returned to the island in Dec and met with a wedding planner and a photographer, bought our rings and the plans were finalized.
Now we had a bit of a problem with family and friends who were eager to attend and we told them all to STAY HOME, including our son! The reasoning was that if we have friends and family here it becomes a party and we decided that after 25 years it would be our day, just the two of us.
So the plan is to get married again at BSV, barefoot in the sand this Tuesday afternoon, share a bottle of champagne and go out for dinner. We still haven't picked a restaurant yet, so we better get on that.

Gary & Bernadette