|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Tom
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,440
Joined: August 2000
|
|
|
21 members (Rbailey, SXMFOX, KC2SXM, LaDuke, Fran, barryvabeach, RogerAndBeth, Brad_Va, Beachguy1963, Good Boy Gus, pandpfromcanada, marksxm, polaris, kodack, TracyT, DBESXM, 5 invisible),
388
guests, and
66
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,734 Likes: 25
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,734 Likes: 25 |
I have an RV type Starlink. I'm writing this message from the middle of the stretch between St. Barths and Antigua - 35NM each way. Nothing to see, no ships in sight, nothing on radar or AIS. I'm bored and fired up my StarLinkRV and am getting 150MBps download and 60MBps upload while sailing. What a game changer! My usual connection speed is around 200MBps and the monthly limit is 1TB! All that for $150 per month plus the initial $500 investment for the hardware. In St. Martin I would see Starlink boxes daily in the container used by cruisers. It is awesome and no cellphone company or technology can compete.
I've even seen Superyachts and Megayachts with the RV version, those guys didn't get rich by throwing money away! The RV version has a cutoff-speed of 10 or 15MPH, so there is still a market for the expensive version.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|