So, we have arrived in paradise!

As is the case with pretty much anyone, lots of c*ap needs to be done before one can enjoy paradise, and this trip was no exception! Fortunately, a couple of things at my office that I had been worried about for a while got resolved, right before we left, so I think I will finally be able to relax, now that we are here!! clapping

Nowadays, we normally drive 3.5 hours one way to Miami for the AA non-stop. We had originally booked the later flight from Miami, (way back last fall) and then AA cancelled that later flight, so we were left on the 10:30 AM flight, which meant we had to get up at 3 AM for the drive. Yay. Not.

Anyway, after dropping our car at Park and Fly in Miami, which I can't recommend enough, we proceeded to the airport. In a lovely change since the lessening of Covid, we were able to check our suitcase outside (AA only, I think/?) which was a nice change. Thereafter, we suffered the indignities of Miami Airport, Including their horrific breakfast options. Our flight boarded on time, but unfortunately we sat on the plane for 40 minutes waiting to take off, due to weather.

Eventually we took off, and ultimately arrived about 20 minutes late. Our flight was totally full. There were no forms to fill out, pre-entry, and just have to state orally where you are going to stay. Once again, I enjoyed totally lovely wheechair service in SXM, in Miami, not horrible, but not great either.

We met our guy from AAA for our rental car for the 10 days, and enjoyed a talk with a fellow AAA customer, who was there for a long weekend, whose 'regular' job is working as a professional diver.

Eventually, we arrived at Beachside Villas. Based on the past week or so, I was worried what we would find when we arrived, as far as seaweed. Thankfully, the beach was basically clear, and the rainbow was an excellent sign!!

[Linked Image]

We headed out to Carrefour by Mark's to get some supplies and scored some pre-seasoned ribs, which we cooked on the grill for dinner. Dinner was ribs and baked potatoes, followed closely by bed at 8 PM.

Saturday came somewhat early, and looking out the sliders, there was a tremendous relief, looking at a basically clear beach!

[Linked Image]

We headed out to Super U for some wine and wine glasses and some other items we had missed yesterday. We managed to score some lamb chops, so that will be dinner this evening. After, we headed to the Greenhouse for lunch. Overall, not a great experience, but good enough.

[Linked Image]

Due to not knowing what the situation will be with Driftwood this evening, we are in the for the evening, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Carol Hill