3 days left before we reach Tortola, and I have been using mine since we left La Rochelle on 5/24. We’re currently 300nm east of St Martin. I’m on a Mobile Global subscription ($200/month) and get unlimited internet while coastal, within the hexagons, everywhere. When need at sea, I have just been sliding the toggle to Opt In to Mobile Priority ($2/GB) and then slide it off to Opt Out. When we are off shore on Mobile Priority, the dishy seems to go flat, in its own.

Other than a 30-35kt gust from TS Cindy lifting my dishy out of my temporary, MacGyver-esque, mount I made in Arrecife, it’s work really well for us. Fortunately, it was a gust from stbd and blew the dishy into the boat. 😜 I’ll set up a new, better mount before we return.

After we complete the delivery, we go home for 10 days, then return to sail her around the BVI for 3 wks. I can pause the service so it ends at the end of July and not be billed on months we’re not in the boat, and un pause for when we are back on the boat. I will probably change Mobile Global to Mobile Regional while she is in the BVI the next 3-4 yrs, to save $50/month.

😎👍🏻

Attached Files IMG_1856.jpegIMG_1857.jpegIMG_1858.jpegIMG_1859.pngIMG_1860.png
Last edited by SV Absolutely; 06/26/2023 10:15 AM.

SV Absolutely