We are in the contemplation stage of a trip to Hawaii for next summer or fall. Neither one of us has ever been there, and not sure we will get back. Because of how expensive everything is there, I am assuming that we will have to take a cruise, either just in the islands, or a one way trip, probably out of Vancouver. (That D*MN Jones Act!!) We will have 14 days at the absolute MAXIMUM to do the trip.

Basically all the cruises either start or end in Honolulu, and I know that we HAVE to get to Pearl Harbor, so I'm not sure how that will work out. It kind of looks like our choices are probably the Pride of America, which is 7 days, totally within Hawaii, or most likely Celebrity from Vancouver. I know that we do want to be able to visit the different islands, and I think that would be too difficult to figure out all the logistics of that, with getting between islands, packing, unpacking, etc, so I think we definitely need to do a cruise.

Suggestions, other than Pearl Harbor, as far as your favorite things to see and do on the various islands. The Pride of America does stay for two days in a couple of places, so that is nice.

As far as what ship, overall, I would MUCH prefer to do Celebrity. I'm sure the cruise experience would blow Pride of America out of the water. However, for Celebrity, I hate that we would probably have to fly into Vancouver, with all the hassle of an international flight, and five days at sea in a row sounds kind of horrible. So I'm sort of inclined to do the Pride of America, but their reviews aren't too great. Any input on recommendations for cruise lines in Hawaii appreciates.

Thanks much for any info!

Carol Hill