Is it just me or has air travel in general seems to have gotten more difficult in recent years?....esp when connecting flights are part of the itinerary. On a return trip from EIS to SFO in April our flight from San Juan to MIA was cancelled after boarding was complete and we had to overnight in PR. Last December our connecting flight from Dallas to SFO was cancelled at the last minute and we had to overnight there. In early June an AA direct flight from EIS to MIA was diverted to West Palm Beach bc MIA was closed due to weather. A flight attendant who was on that flight told me they couldn't deplane at West Palm bc there are no C&I facilities there, so they sat on the ground for several hours until the weather in MIA cleared. Later in June AA cancelled the first leg of my daughter's DCA-MIA-EIS flight only hours before departure (note it was the DCA-MIA leg that was cancelled). AA was quick to rebook her to arrive 2 days late!! Thanks for nothing, AA. We scrambled and found her a Delta flight to STT instead....at great expense...but at least she arrived in time for our charter.

So, what's my point? Air travel is messy and frustrating no matter where you are travelling. And yes, the BVI gov and EIS airport have issues that need to be cured if they are serious about promoting tourism in the BVI.

(Side note: We took the new AA direct connection between MIA and EIS in June. It was perfect and made our trip from SFO sooo much nicer).