Originally Posted by Jeannius
Originally Posted by MIDiver
I would love to hear about both of your trips. We are headed there in late April 2025. Going with Tahiti Yacht Charter on a new FP 47. Doing LOTS of research. Following with a land based stay in Fakarava to dive.
Spent 6 weeks in the Marquesas, Tuamotus and Society islands but it is now over 10 years ago so no useful information! I will say though what a great choice you have made in Fakarava. In an entire circumnavigation, Fakarava is the place my wife and I always think back to as the highlight of our trip. Truly beautiful. I'm not a diver but just snorkelling there I couldn't believe the colours and abundance of sea life, particularly of the large sharp-toothed variety devil

Mike - as divers we HAVE to get to the Tuamotus. I wanted to visit Tikehau for the beaches, but the diving and marine life can't compare. Air routes are crazy (you can really only go in one direction, and from limited fields) so Fakarava it is. REALLY looking forward to it. I spend more time researching this than planning for my BVI trips next month and December - haha.