We are spending five days on our beloved Virgin Gorda with a day trip on the ferry to Anegada (❤️). Then we were SUPPOSED to go to St. John (I’ve only been once and hubby never has) but we can’t get a car. We were to arrive Thur night and staying in Cruz bay so Thur we could hoof it. We are taking the 8:30 am ferry Saturday. But there’s ZERO cars available for Friday. . I didn’t realize when I booked. Yes we can taxi around but my college kids are more interested in hikes and exploring the island A driver is $95 an hour. So that’s out of the question.

Soooooo. We are considering taking that ferry on Wednesday to Anegada and staying there til Saturday Ann’s cottages are available. BUT when I was there last Feb the north shore beaches were covered in Sargassum except for in front of Tipsys. Ann did a great job cleaning I realize no one can predict. But curious what experiences people are having in January. I will follow that sargasuum watch/ outlook site. But I’m torn between rolling the dice on St. John w no car which is not appealing or plopping down on Anegada for some true relaxation and maybe the conch tour which we have never done. Would value any advice ….. I suppose we could just stay on Virgin Gorda too. To further clutter my brain. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image]