For the first time in probably 30 something years, My wife and I cheated this week. We just got back from a week in Cancun...first time going to a destination other than SXM in over 30 years. We have been on a couple of cruises, but this was actually staying at another resort!! We did have a great time at Cancun Moon Palace Sunrise, which is an all inclusive. Friends who we went with, have bought into that property years ago, and we decided to check it out. Normally, i am not into all inclusive, but since we were NOT on SXM, and we were going with other people that LOVE THIS PLACE, we went. Food was good, plenty of top shelf drinks, but the food of course wasn't the SXM quality, but still was very good. We were on the beach, and it also has a problem with sargassum. This place is about twenty minutes from ''hotel row'', and the beach was just okay....but not like the beaches on SXM. Also, mentioned already, sargassum. We did venture to another beach, half hour away, on Hotel Row, which was a ''sister resort''. That beach was beautiful, colorful water, and sargassum free. Only drawback was, the undertow was wild, (probably due to the storm in the caribbean), even though the waves were fairly calm. the jetstream was felt. also there were a couple of pretty good steps left from the undertow, so it was a battle to get in and out of the water. Funny part was, that everything we saw, ate, stayed in, etc, was a comparison to SXM. As the heading says, we felt like we both were cheating on our first love...SXM!!!!!! We are introducing our friends to SXM in March. This will be their first time at our second home, and am looking forward to showing them around. smile Fair is Fair.

On a side note, 45 years ago, we visited Cancun after another acquaintance told us about this small remote place in Mexico, that we really should check out. The Cancun from back then, and now is totally different as we expected. It sure has grown up, got super crowded, and livelier!! One thing was proven. There is NO PLACE like HOME. Can't wait till Mid March again!!!!