My husband and I toured Necker yesterday with Gumption (and 10 other people on his glass bottom boat) and it was an amazing experience. We believe we heard them say there was a plan to move the lemurs to Mosquito Island in the next few months.

His tours are done last minute with permission from Necker Island. It is recommended to email the following address about a week before your arrival. gumptions.neckertour@gmail.com

Cost is $80 per person (we felt it was worth every penny)

Take an umbrella. Its hot and has limited shade. Sunscreen is a must and even a bottle of water.

Wear good walking shoes. You will go up and down hills and uneven shorelines. Not a hard walk but was particularly challenging for several on the tour with us that had knee replacements. There is a fair amount of walking in beach sand too.

Now, the good part!

The animals are amazing as are the staff. Well trained and a passion for the environment. Necker guests are well respected and if our group happened to see anyone not on our tour we were asked to refrain from taking photos.

We saw many many types of lemurs, many turtles both large and very small, birds, and flamingos. Cuddling with the giant turtles was pretty cool as was feeding the lemurs. They are loveable creatures.

Once I'm back at a PC I'll post pics. It doesn't seem possible from an iPhone.

If we had the chance to tour again we'd likely jump on board !

Last edited by Annoddddd; 01/16/2015 04:51 PM.