As long as ANY place adds a SC.....that will be the tip left. period. I would rather see a 20 percent increase on stated menu prices, than this ridiculous practice that has become so common on the island. If more people band together, especially those of us that have visited for years and years, and did not leave an additional 15 percent or whatever, they would soon realize this practice does nothing but piss people off. Fair pricing is menu price. period.
If a server doesn't like this policy of the sc, they don't have to work there. I have always been ok about overlooking some of these practices, but as time goes on, and it becomes more prevalent, those days are going to be behind me. Good service will get a bit extra...but certainly not another 15 to 20 percent or more.
How many of us would be willing to go to a local restaurant back home, and pay around 45 percent more than the stated menu pricing? (that is adding a 20 percent or so service charge, plus a 15 to 20 percent tip, and of course we can't forget the state taxes). These restaurants would be gone in no time!!!

Last edited by EdB; 11/12/2023 11:05 PM.