In a couple of weeks, my wife and I are taking a ''last minute' cruise out of Miami on NCL Pearl. I usually can take or leave cruising...but after having a surgery delayed for me until April, we decided to treat ourself to a little away time, and I found this cruise leaving December 9. One of the stops, is none other than SXM. This will be our first time to the island by boat since we first discovered SXM in 1989. Is going to be a strange day for sure, since we will only have a few hours at our beloved second home. We of course are skipping the overpriced excursions, and am meeting friends, and spending the day at our favorite La String on Orient. After all these years, we will be a member of the ''boat people'',..having to be on a schedule, and a tourist for a day. Either this one day will be a fun experience, or just a tease for us till our three weeks in March! Will let you know. I guess a day in SXM surely beats no days in SXM for four months. Wishing all my TTOL friends a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving.