Hi all,

I'm chartering from the Moorings in Tortola in June - two couples, no kids. It's been 20+ years since I've chartered in the BVI (more recently from St. Martin) so looking for a sanity check/comments on my proposed itinerary and maybe some suggested stops.

8 Day charter - Sleep aboard Saturday night, charter runs Sunday to Sunday. Here's the tentative plan.

Day 1: Head over to Norman Island and have lunch at the Willy T then to Cooper Island for the night. I would reserve a ball at Cooper through Boaty Ball but not sure what to do at Norman. Can I just anchor or do I have to get a ball? I'm not going to stay the night there so I don't want to pay for a ball if I don't have to.

Day 2: Baths early before the crowds then around to Gorda Sound and go to ... Leverick Bay? I've only ever been to The Bitter End YC so open for other overnight suggestions there. I was thinking we might taxi back to Coco Maya for dinner but it sounds like Leverick is good for dinner too. Thoughts?
The Baths sounds much more formal than when we were there before in terms of the direction you have to walk through them (I think). I plan on getting a ball and taking the dink to the mooring line and swimming in. Should I go to the "main" beach or (is it?) Devil's Bay? It sounded like it was more in the flow to start from Devil's Bay, go through the rocks then climb up to the bar at the top of the hill and then back down the path to Devil's Bay. Is that correct or does it not matter?

Day 3: Anegada. We did Loblolly last time but it sounds like Cow Wreck might be a good spot too. For dinner I'm thinking Anegada Beach Hotel but this is heavily influenced by a memory from that trip in '99. For dinner on that trip we put our requests in early, they went and caught it, and then we had this magical family style dinner on the beach with tiki torches and tables all pushed together. They brought your entree and then bowls of random assorted sides and everyone just passed things around and it was kind of a party/shared meal kind of thing. Do they still do that? Open to other suggestions of course.

I don't know whether we might want to stay two days at Anegada or not so the day count from here out is somewhat fuzzy.

Day 4: Somewhere on the north side of Tortola but I'm not sure where. I'm much less familiar with Trellis Bay, Marina Cay, Scrub and that area around there so I'm looking for suggestions. I THINK we anchored off Marina Cay last time but I'm fuzzy. Need help with this part. I don't want to get a slip. I want to be on a ball or anchored.

Day 5: Cane Garden Bay?? Might skip this if we decide to spend more time at another stop. Might be fun to go to the rum distillery? and then just chill on the beach somewhere? Open for suggestions here.

Day 6: JVD. I want to stop at Sandy Cay, Sandy Spit for a bit before heading to Great Harbor. A little confused about getting to the Bubbly Pool (and if it's worth it). Should I get a taxi or should I anchor somewhere around the East side so we can walk there?

Figured we would take the dink around to White Bay (or taxi if its rough) and do Soggy Dollar et all for lunch and then back to Foxy's for dinner, drinks, and debauchery that night. Now that I write all that out, it might be too much for one day?

Day 7: Peter Island. Sounds like there isn't a whole lot here so would be a good day to wind down before heading home the next day. Suggested anchorages there?

Day 8: Back to base

Thanks for any insight, comments, suggestions, etc.

Oh also, one of our crew is not much of a snorkeler but interested in a SUP. I'm conflicted about whether to add one to the charter (to manage for the duration) or just try and get one in a few places along the way. I read another thread where people said they didn't use the one they rented and it got in the way while on deck/sailing. Help sway me

Thanks!