JDK--Well said.

While I am not sure, I think that the organization renting out the units was sort of the equivalent of a homeowner's association. Anyone that has any experience with HOA's knows that they are difficult animals to wrangle, even in the best of times. Those who want a statement from "Club Orient" are assuming that someone is actually in CHARGE of the organization at this point, who even has the authority to make a pronouncement on behalf of "Club Orient". My feeling is that is 'assuming facts not in evidence'. There is also the underlying issue of the ownership of the land, which, as far as I know, has still never been cleared up.

Let's be clear here--the people who lost the most are the owners of the individual units. They put hundreds of thousands of dollars into purchasing their units, as well as their blood, sweat and tears. Those who stayed there over the years paid their money and they received good value for their money. The homeowners are the victims in this situation, not the renters.

Carol Hill