I would like to add to the conversation. We all love(d) Club O. If not for Club O my wife and I would have never returned to SXM after we stopped there on a Cruise in 1998. It was just a magical place, if I may use that term. We were there several times after that, always staying at Club O, the last time during Hurricane Gonzalo that cause lots of damage to the Island. Club O beachfront suites were all evacuated to higher ground due to the concern of high storm surge, but we were staying in 34, 35, or 36 (don't remember), which when standing on the road in front of it looked a lot lower than the beachfront suites. We were told to go inside, lock the doors and don't come out until the storm had passed. We did, and after going through a few Hurricanes in New Orleans, thought Gonzalo was quite a major storm, especially halfway through when everything was shaking. After the storm, we found Tiko Tiko was pushed up on shore next to Papagayo. We were booked to sail it that day, and tried to let Philipe know that he could keep the money we paid in advance so that he could start his recovery. We ended up getting an unexpected refund a month later so apparently we didn't make our wishes known to Philipe.
As I said we haven't been back since then, but we too feel the loss of Club O. We didn't have any skin in the game, as we only spent a week there every year. I can't imagine how the owner's and employees of the place feel about their total loss and know there will never be a recovery. Along with the residents of the island who also have lost everything. We lost everything in Katrina, and ended up moving to a new area, and it was very tough to start over.
When I see these threads come up on TTOL, I always open them first, hoping there is news of rebuilding and reopening, but I doubt I will ever see that one. We keep hoping, just as all of you do that one day it will be.

Last edited by o2bnsxm; 02/03/2024 10:26 PM.