Thanks Sail2wind and Sunbvi.

Sail2wind I had looked at that mifi and it looks like it would work for me in the BVI and Antigua (quad band 850/900/1800/1900Mhz looks like it runs HSPA - theoretical download speed of 14Mbps, actual probably 1-2Mbsp). I started expanding my wants to something that could run HPSA+ and also cover St. Martin and maybe even Greece but as the wants increased so did the price and the difficulty in finding something that could do it all. All I really need is a way to check weather and send a few emails plus have a wifi connection so that whatever devices others bring can connect. At that price I could buy one for the BIV/Antigua, one for St. Martin and one for Greece and still come out ahead of renting!

Sunbvi thanks for letting me know where you had service. In Nov-Dec I rented a wifi from Renport at Sunsail. They had a 7 day plan for $120 but I got them to do a 10 day for $150. I considered it a little on the high side but it was worth it to me. The guy said it wouldn't work on Norman but I had some problems getting a decent signal even on Peter. Not sure if they use Digicel or Lime but it was a little disappointing. The girl at Renport I brought it back to said she thought there was something wrong with the device and we should have called them, maybe but I was doubtful.

Last edited by beerMe; 01/01/2015 11:05 PM.

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!