My wife and I also stay at Mont Vernon each year. We actually stay in the Guadalupe Building also. The views are spectacular. The Mont Vernon Complex is a nice location but please keep in mind that it is very "Caribbean". The buildings (exteriors) are not perfect like a hotel but everything is still very nice. The last couple times we have been there they have been painting and fixing on things. Like I said we always enjoy our visit very much. The beach and pool have always been very quiet for us (even in high season). There is a 24 hour security so we have always felt very safe too. Here is a link for a map of the complex so you can see the Guadalupe Building location. I think that it is one best on the complex for location and views.

http://www.st-martin-vacation.com/Maps/MontVernondrawn-map.html

There is a nice little store on the complex that you can pick up a few basic needs. There is also a small pizzeria that is open in the evenings. The store will have fresh Baggett’s that are prepared every morning available for your purchase (although don’t wait too long to go there or they may be gone depending on the crowds. If you decide not head into Grand Case for the evening there is a wonderful little restaurant called “Villa Pizza” not far from Mont Vernon (As you are exiting the road from Mont Vernon turn right (left would take you to Grand Case) and the restaurant will be on your right before you get to Cul de Sac. We usually eat at least a couple meals there every year. They have much more than just pizza too.

Hope you enjoy your vacation. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.