Its been a rough 36 hours for me, no food and no sleep. Woke up yesterday morning with a beyond bloated stomach and pretty severe pain and all related symptoms shut down. I knew this morning this was more than a trip to a local clinic and infact told my wife to start looking for available flights home, 1 week into our vacation.
We drove to SMMC at 8am and we were out the door by noon! At home it takes 6 to 12 hours to get past ER registration. In that time a nurse took the vitals, blood and other fluid taken, the ER doctor met with me and she ordered x-ray and CT scan. Then she consulted with a surgeon and gastroenterologist and determined that I picked up a viral infection. Which I could have picked up through food, drink or any number of other places.
When we left I got all the reports including a CD of my CT scan should I want to take it to my doctor back home. It wasn't cheap but so glad to know that there is really good care available on island. And the hospital doesn't even charge for parking!!
So for the rest of today it's going to be replacing fluids back into me (no not that kind) and rest. I couldn't think of a better place to recuperate.