Before I get to the food let me say the view is magnificent, the place magical.

We were seated at water’s edge. From there we could watch the sunset to our right. We could see the outline of Eustatia (maybe Saba?) directly ahead of us. To the right, the skyscrapers of Fourteen, newest buildings. Far right was Porto Cupecoy. at 6:30 Air France graced the skies.

Dinner started with amuse bouchée, creamy asparagus &mint purée. For appetizers we had Gravlax salmon in lemon cream. For main plate I vascillated between Canard Parmentier and Rack of Lamb. Tough choice! The lamb won. It was herb crusted, 5 ribs with stewed veggies. Tender to cut and delicious.

Don, who has been limiting his red meat intake had a tough time choosing between Black Angus fillet and veal filet. The beef won. His dish came with black truffle, potatoes and onions in a Port wine sauce. I had a taste and it melted in my mouth.

For dessert we split the Grand Marnier soufflé. As I ate I wished I’d ordered it all for myself.

All was washed down with a bottle of Sancerre. By then the stars were out, fish jumped in the water, and a lone skiff passed by.

I would go back in a heartbeat!

Last edited by RonDon; 03/22/2024 07:26 AM.