Michael and I elected to spend the day at Kokomo. We've read the previous not so good reviews here but had a nice time last year. We were not disappointed this year either.
We were greeted by two lovely french women who showed us to some very comfy loungers on the beach. Loungers are free if you eat lunch at Kokomo.
Shortly after settling in, Sam, the "beach boy" brought us a second umbrella since I stay out of the sun but like to be on the beach. Michael and I ventured into the water. WOW! The drop off was a steep one and the waves were HUGE. Additionally, there were a lot of rocks on the sea floor. But once we got out deep enough, we were okay just bobbing amidst the waves.
Getting out was a challenge as my knees are fairly arthritic but one big wave came along and lifted me to shore.
We enjoyed the music of waves crashing onshore til lunch while we read.
Lunch was delicious. Michael had the ceviche salad and I had the chicken caesar salad. We are amateur chefs at home and caesar salad is one of our specialties. This one was EXCELLENT. Michael's salad was also excellent.
The only drawback I could see at Kokomo was the prices were a bit high. But the service was excellent. Attentive without being overbearing.
We headed back to the beach. Unfortunately, a large group had taken up residence at one end of the beach and decided that the entire beach must want to hear their music. But that was not enough to deter us from a short afternoon listening in between to the sound of the waves and enjoying our books. As we sat this afternoon, some delicious scents were wafting over us from the kitchen. Something Indian perhaps. It was mouthwatering (and I am not much of a fan of Indian cuisine)
I do believe we will go back there again tomorrow. This afternoon, we swam on the left side of the beach (as you look out into the sea) and with the stone breaker further out, the waves were significantly less which was nice. The bottom was still rather rocky though. I recommend wearing water shoes if you go in.