It's pretty easy. We've done it basically any day of the week betwen 8AM and the last ferry time, usually about 5:30PM. We'll be doing it this Sunday and again the following Monday.

Ask your charter company for two copies of the BVI C&I form. Might as well fill both out at the same time, with different dates for check out and check in. You'll also need a copy of the individual customs form for each family. The forms require you to have passport info for each person. I keep an old copy of a form to use as a template.

There is a thread on the US C&I form below. These are adobe acrobat forms that I fill in electronically and keep a template. I've already added our US check in and printed copies.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...e=0#Post1513459

The cruising guide gives detailed location on the three BVI C&I locations. I've never checked in/out at Gun Creek. Sopers Hole is busy and takes longer, but that means 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes.

For the USVI, you can check in at Cruz Bay or Charlotte Amalie at the Tortola ferry wharf. We check in at Cruz Bay and take a mooring at Lindt Point or Caneel Bay. If you draw less than 5 feet you can anchor in the Creek in Cruz Bay as marked in the cruising guide. There are two dinghy docks in Cruz Bay, one on the right of the ferry wharf and one at the NPS dock past the C&I. Do not attempt to dock at the C&I wharf unless you want to play pinball with the ferries and leave some gelcoat behind. There are no spots for you dinghy at C&I, just walk around on the sidewalk and into the secure area through the open gate.

In the US, when asked if you disposed of any trash or brought any trash with you the answer is no. If you say yes they will send you to the incinerator at Yacht Haven or Crown Bay. Same if you have any fruits, vegetables or meat from the BVI.

Once you've gone through the process my directions will appear long winded and redundant. Its about as hard as getting in and out of a movie theater.

Cheers, RickG

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada