cruzan1 said:
Best water approach - there isn't one. But if you luck out and come on a calm day you could pick up a ball in Genti Bay, take your dingy over to Reef Bay, navigate the reef, time the swell, jump out and drag your dink 10 feet up a sharp incline. Follow the trail up the hill.

That is certainly the case -- sometimes.
I have been to those Genti Bay moorings many, many times, it is usually quite easy to take a dinghy to the beach and hike up the trail.
You do not have to negotiate the reef from the moorings you are inside it,It is best to bring the dinghy up on shore but you can anchor the dinghy if the beach has a steep slope or drop off everyone and return the dinghy to the boat and one person swim in - it is not very far at all.
There is sufficient water under the moorings - I ran an 8' draft - the only problem I ever had there was if the moorings were taken - you cannot anchor the big boat. One of the moorings was reserved for the NPS hike pickup boat - They are only there for an hour at the most and they pick up the hikers from the beach in a dinghy a few days a week. I have not been there this past year but was told there are now 3 moorings available - That MAY be true.
I have never stayed on the moorings there overnight and would move to Lameshur for that.