Hi,
I live in Covington, La. and we go down 2-3 times a year. AA plays games with prices, especially this far out, they will come down. I've seen where they are north of $2,000 Round Trip, and come down to $850 Round trip, especially in June. I would set-up a notification on Kayak for the dates you're looking for, and it will keep you abreast of pricing. The sweet spot will probably be 3 months out, but if it gets near $850 Round Trip, probably pull the trigger.
I've flown Intercarribean, or bought a ticket for Inter. 3 times, they flew 1 time from SJU, no problems, the other 2 left me stranded, and they wait till in the middle of the night, so you have no alternative. In my opinion, they will cost you more than you will save, they are on my DO NOT FLY LIST. They are based out of the Turks & Caicos, so they don't have to follow any norms, that a U.S. based airline would need to.