I know we all appreciate the TTOL website and all that the moderators do to support it. Endless cheers to "y'all"!

I know we often see the same postings over and over, with somewhat endless redundancy on topics like best beaches, restaurants, grocery shopping, currency issues, tipping etiquette and practices, best restaurants in xxx, etc. Think about the number of the same topics we get over and over. I'm sure our moderators could best identify the topics they get tired of seeing.

The main thing to me is that we see SO many GREAT suggestions over and over as well that basically boil down to a list of “Best Practices” on how to best handle cash, foreign transaction fees, tipping, airfare management, etc. You ALL have a wealth of information to share and you do, but unfortunately, it gets buried and lost all too quickly by subsequent posts. After that, one gets frustrated by trying to find "that post they saw" on a particular topic as it's beyond "our" search engine capabilities and thereby we lose all that wisdom of experienced TTOL’ers who just posted a gem not all that long ago.

Is there something else we can do to better support recurring information requests? Could we create specific folders or categories that would facilitate searches? Could we have separate sections like "SXM people talk" but titled "Best practices on xxx" and have separate blogs therein? Could we expand the FAQ's somehow? I’m sure there are ways that we can use to improve our ability to organize and retain the wisdom you all have and have posted, sometimes repeatedly.

Again, let me emphasize. I'm not meaning to criticize anything about TTOL. I just wish we had the means to consolidate similar information into libraries that can be more easily read, searched, shared, and retained.

I'm begging for no snarky responses. I'm just asking with good intent.

[Linked Image]