Ritchard said:
Is there any truth to the story I remember hearing about how it was the complaints of these same cruiseship tourists that put an end to naked people making use of the whole beach for strolling or whatever? When we first went to Orient 10 years ago (time flies) I remember that you would see naked people all day strolling the length of the beach. Our next trip three year later this seems to have been curtailed and, except for the early mornings when we're all out for our early walk, naturists stick to the Club O area.

If I remember this correctly, I don't believe it was the cruise ship passengers who were offended, but rather the locals who visit the textile part of the beach with their families. I could be wrong about this, but it seems that was the case. I remember the gendarmeries patrolling the beach from time to time during that period, occasionally handing out warnings to those who were nude beyond the Club O section.

Robin & Ed

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. - Henry Miller