Brett,

Your questions are so similar to questions I have had in the past so I will give you my input...

1. We have done Jost (White Bay) to Anegada. It is a bumpy ride and from our experience (we go late December/early January) typically right into the swells and wind. Typically you need to motor unless you want to get there at dusk or you have a super fast boat that heads well into the wind which I'm assuming you don't with a 4.5ft draft. This past year we left from North Sound and had a beautiful sail both to Anegada and from Anegada to Jost.

2. I think the cut is redlined by many charter companies so I would double check yours. My brother did the cut this year on a Cat that drew 4 ft and almost gave himself a heart attack when the depth sounder registered less than a ft under his keel. He made it but in my opinion, not worth the stress.

3. For the first time this year we rented a car from Leverick and drove to The Baths. I highly recommend this option! Stay the night on the dock at Leverick and leisurely leave in the morning for The Baths rather than getting up at the crack in hopes of getting a ball. We did see a dinghy row in to pick up an elderly man from the beach but wouldn't recommend it unless it is for an elderly person or someone in need.

4. Might not get a ball in Trellis if you are coming from Anegada unless you leave super early. There is always the back up of Scrub or Marina Cay though.

5. My iPad Navionics worked without wifi and without 3G. I think it is on a satellite. I was stoked since the boat only had a GPS in the main cabin.

Have a blast! So jealous!

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]