SXMWendell said:
I also feel that it is a rip-off. But I also feel that it is not the clients responsibility to make sure the waitperson gets paid. That is the responsibility of the owner of the business. I also feel that an additional payment to a waitperson only perpetuates the life of a not so good business practice establishment. It reenforces to the owner that what they do is ok. I feel the if the waitperson is "under paid" should look elsewhere for employment. And a business that treats the waitpersons ( and clients) badly should have a short life. Then another business could take it's place which hopefully has better business practices.

SXM??? Wendell

Couldn't be more in agreement with you on this, Wendell. I resent the fact I'm forced to play the 'tip game' and made two decisions quite a while back.

1. Not asking what the additional percentage is but if it's there on the check I'm assuming it's a tip.
2. Not playing the sympathy game either. We tip and tip generously at that but not tipping double and it doesn't matter how cute or friendly or whatever the server may be.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."