Here's a Peter Island Story. A few years ago I was the ringmaster of a group of 8 couples doing a week in the BVI's. We chartered two 40ft Power Cats from Moorings. During the planning meetings the group decided that we should spend one night in a slip at Peter and have dinner at their main restaurant, Tradewinds, I believe. I explained that Peter had a dress code, no jeans. no tee shirts. no sandals. Everyone was cool with the policy. On arrival I checked in and made a reservation for 16 for dinner, no problem. Dinner time arrives and we congregate on the pier, sure enough a couple guys had jeans on. I told them that we may not be allowed into the restaurant. Well, we were told that the jeans were not acceptable. As we were leaving the manager came up and said he could seat us in a private dining room. As we walked through the main room we received several disapproving looks from the other guests. We had a great, if expensive, meal. MORAL: Even Peter Island won't turn down a 16 person dinner tab.