Yes, that is correct, we paid $950 M/F for a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom. The starting M/F when we first bought in 2006 was $750. We chose points when we bought and because we had a 3BR, we were given 134,000 points which at the time was extremely high. Now, with that being said, we bought pre-construction and did not get to stay in our actual unit until 2010 for the first time. Our good friend Ray Minelli who unfortunately passed away in May of 2011 was so helpful in making arrangements for us to stay at other properties during the construction. We were always put in 2 or 3 bedroom penthouses which also gave us the opportunity to see other properties on the island. We have stayed in Royal Palm in Simpson Bay, Royal Islander LaPlage and LaTerrasse.

I think you have to take into consideration that raising M/F at a property that we couldn't stay at for the first 5 years after purchasing would have been absurd.

After the takeover by Manek, we were very disappointed in how things were being managed. The pool was green, the units had various issues, the front desk staff were not very friendly, the elevators never worked consistently and at the very beginning the pool bar wasn't open so you couldn't even get a bottle of water while you sat at the pool. All of the above contributed to us taking a different approach and what we ended up doing was trading our one week 3BR at Caravanserai for 2 weeks in a 2BR at Royal Islander using our points. The loss of the points and affiliation at RCI is just as devastating as the loss of our actual unit, however we loved the fact that we could now stay for 2 weeks instead of one for the same $950.

My parents have owned at Royal Islander LaPlage since preconstruction as well & there M/F for a 2BR/2BA are $925. IMO, that property is one of the best run and maintained properties on the island. As fate would have it, my parents are now in there late 70's with some health issues & they have decided that they are not going to travel out of the country anymore. Their T/S is for 55 years so with about 25 years left, we have decided to just take over paying their M/F so we will be able to return to SXM each year to enjoy our 2 weeks.

We are very fortunate that things worked out for us this way & we will continue to come back to the place we fell in love with many years ago. We have no regrets in purchasing our unit, never looked at it as an investment but as a place that we could share good times with our friends & family. Like I said in my original post, we are more upset about the way the whole transaction occurred. To this day, we never received the letter telling us that we had no more unit or RCI affliation & we were so lucky last year that we had already traded into Royal Islander because we arrived on November 1st which was the deadline to sign the letter giving you the option to stay at Caravanserai for your week if you paid an additional M/F at your current rate. We know of many people that had already booked airfare & had family and friends coming to SXM that had no choice but to stay & pay the M/F again.

Sorry this was so long but in business relationships and the way you conduct yourself can lead to your success or demise. Alegria's demise seems eminent.