trueblue said:
-10 this morning in Chicago.. Never tried to take a liquid in a glass bottle to the BVI. However have brought rum BACK from the BVI without problems. That being said, we double packed the bottles in plastic, and then put all in the middle of our (soft sided) duffels for the trip home.

Would you consider taking the BBQ sauce out of the bottle and putting it into ziplocks, that are then put into other ziplocks? It is one thing to risk arriving home with dirty clothes smelling like rum, and another to arrive in BVI with clothes covered with BBQ sauce.
From Texas...Home of Salt Lick....I would submit that if you transfer your BBQ sauce to zip lock bag(s) you stand more of a chance of having your sauce wind-up on your clothes than if you pack the bottle properly. I do both! I put the bottle in double zip locks (in case it leaks) and bubble wrap it when I take BBQ sauce to my boys in Florida. If a TSA agent opens your checked bag...they could care less where in the suitcase they put that bottle of sauce....so wrapping it in clothes doesn't do much good either.....so you have to plan for worst case scenario (like that).

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;405/st/20220331/e/USVI+and+BVI/dt/0/k/05ce/event.png