Well, I don't mean to reopen the other thread that Carol closed but as far as listing the restaurants on the French side and mention if service is included or not, French Law imposes all restaurants and bars to include it in their prices.

Consequently, it doesn't matter if their menu, a sign or a staff member says otherwise, the Law is clear and there is no need to add service to the check.

Again, if you are particularly pleased with your experience with a business on the French side, what you can do is leave some extra cash on the table for your waiter. Personally, I never leave more than 5% and the service has to be outstanding for me to pitch in a few extra bucks.

For example, I don't leave anything in a bar when I order a Diet Coke. What the bartender has to do is open the cooler and give me a can and a glass with ice. Big deal! LOL
On the other hand, if I order a cocktail, I generally leave 5% extra if the drink is well mixed, has the right quantity of booze, tastes good and is well presented.

This will be my last contribution on the subject. I hope it helped.