ruralcarrier said:
wilsonck said:
I'm surprised the major companies allow stuff like this to happen. As Franchisees of these companies, they should do more to protect their brands and reputations.

In most cases, they are NOT franchises of what you deal with in the US. You are NOT in the US and sadly, this stuff happens. It doesn't make it right but people need to understand (just like with some of the timeshare mess), you don't have the same protections you do at home.

Exactly!
10 years ago my daughter was victim of a scam pulled by the so-called Budget franchisee in Guatemala and Budget US told her that they had nothing to do with them so they couldn't help.
Luckily, her CC Company reversed the charge amounting to close to $3,000 corresponding to the repairs for an accident she never had, and for which the crooks there forged her rental contract by unchecking the boxes and removed her initials where she took all the insurances.

To all, make sure you keep a copy of the contract you signed with the rental company. Without it, my daughter had no way of proving that the rental contract she signed had been forged.