Momx3 said:
Thanks for all of the tips! I still need to pick shoes for myself and my 14 year old. I forgot my husband and other two kids have these cool shoes called the Warrior Coxswain. Warrior usually makes lacrosse gear and we found these at a display at a lacrosse tournament this summer. They are boat shoe style but made out of a soft, rubbery type material. They are waterproof, they float, they don't leave scuff marks on the boat, they can be washed in the washing machine or dishwasher and the heel crushes down so when kids smoosh their feet in them the way they always do the back doesn't get ruined. I was going to get a pair for myself but they only had whole sizes and I was in between sizes.

Warrior Coxswain

Anything that looks like a mans shoe will bring sand back to the boat you do not want. I know there are many loyal flip flop/shower shoe loyalist out there. At times there will be traction or other safety issues with the unsecure flip flop. Tiva or better may be the way to go. The tennis shoe will get wet and likely never dry.