Momx3 said:

How often do you find you need long pants/sleeves? Is one of each ok? Do we even need them?

I get cold easily so I always bring a pair of sweats, a light weight long sleeve shirt and a windbreaker. I wear the sweats on the plane and in the evenings on the boat.

What kind of shoes do you wear most of the time? We are flip flop people but I am guessing that is not the best for getting on/off the boat and wandering around on shore. Are the old style Tevas good?

You want shoes that will stay on in sand and water. On the boat, most people go barefoot, but a few people seem especially prone to stubbed or broken toes and they should wear shoes with covered toes on the boat! (I can show you a good picture of a broken toe. smile

When you go ashore how much stuff do you bring with you? I'm guessing camera, wallet, phone, maybe a towel? Just trying to figure out what size/type of bag to use going from boat to shore.

Camera, kindle, wallet. Snorkel gear. Sometimes a towel or blanket to sit on. Sometimes a small cooler if there's not a beach bar.

Take far fewer clothes than you think! You will probably wear your swim suit and the same tshirt or two and shorts the whole week.