Hi, If you go in January/February, that will be full summer there with very nice weather and little rain.

We flew into Cape Town to see the start of our new Catamaran being built. We also drove up north a little to a game reserve called "Aquila Game Reserve" It's not the biggest, but it was one of the closest. Yes I have heard of Zula Nyala resort, never been, but people said it was nice. We stayed across the beach about a mile south of Cape Town. Nothing is right on the beach as in Ocean front, it's not that kind of beach. There are many different kinds of beaches in SA, they are all very beautiful. I would recommend taking a tour of Cape Town. It's on an open double decker bus that travels all through the city. There is a host on the bus that tells you about the city. Go to the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, many shops, resturants and things to do. Go to Robben Island, it's where Nelson Mandella was held prisoner. Take the cable car to the top of Table Mountain, Great Views! We drove down to the cape along Victoria Drive, passing the Twelve Apostles and on to the "Cape of Good Hope" Very special place. Make sure you go to "Simon's Town" There are penguins there. In South Africa you will see many kinds of animals along the road, plenty of Baboons. We also drove east to Cape Agulhas. That's the southern most part of Africa. That's where the two Oceans meet. We didn't go to far north of Cape Town. We also heard don't go to Johansburg. Your car will be stolen with you in it. Food is very cheap. A great meal for two will be under $20, even under $15. You will get your receipt with 4 dufferent currencies on it. Rand, US$, Euros, and Pounds. US$ is used very much. We did find a cab guy that wouldn't take US$. My wife thought it was cool when she went to an ATM and punched in $100, and got back over $600. It was in Rand. I can go on and on here about South Africa. It's one of the best places in the world to go to. Many different cultures. We will go back sailing our boat some day.
www.steelmusichall.com/honeycat/html/
Greg