We just got back last night from a great week. All the info on this site was invaluable and accurate. so i am going to try to take some time to give back.

We cabbed with Kevin in st Thomas and Arnold Smith in Tortola..rented from Dean Wheatly in anegada and Speedys in VG..all were prompt and reliable..highly recommend!!

we ate at the big bamboo..over priced for lunch..even by BVI standards..Cow wreck beach was beautiful and empty even tho this was one of the busiest weeks of the season..

Loved Saba rock..alot classier than i had expected..had lunch at Chez Bamboo..my favorite of all..loved the decor the music the food the drinks and the service! beautiful dinner at coco maya..dinner at cooper was ok but not as special..fun bartender tho..

had another way too expensive lunch at pirates bight and an awesome happy hour at willy Ts..and two pretty good dinners at charlies at the moorings on our first and last night.

as stated here you must see the view at hog heaven..they weren't even open yet and they let us on the deck to take pictures..offered to take pics of all of us and welcomed us to use there freshly cleaned bathrooms..didn't have time to eat there but they were so nice and accommodating i hope everyone tries to patronize them

i was devastated by the dead and dying reefs. big bamboo was totally dead..had been there 20 years ago and it was without exaggeration the most amazing site i had ever seen..one of the main reasons i went back to the BVI..i was told that we should have gone to Flash of Beauty..reef is in better shape there..but all of the reefs are dying or dead..some look like they are making a comeback but i am not optimistic..i am not knowledgable about this but it looked to me like there was some new coral growth in cooper and one side of the indians looked pretty healthy while the other side was dead..the caves were on the healthier side but a lot of the smaller coral had white tips..i think that is a sign of the algae that is killing it..not sure.

We chartered a 42.3 from the moorings..on march 14th..apparently the busiest day of the year..it was insane that day..most people didnt get provisions till late at night..but the moorings staff was incredible..they worked so hard..it was impossible to be upset with them..even tho everyone that had arrived that day was exhausted and travel weary. by morning things were coming together and we actually left the dock by 11:30. i know most on this forum are not fans of the moorings but i wanted to say i thought they excelled in customer service at the base..not so much when you call their main # but once there they could not have been better.

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 03/23/2015 01:07 PM.