Just got back from the VI, so I'm late to the discussion. We looked at the 37.2 and 43.3 layouts when we were boat shopping. The 37.2 v-berth was small for two, but would be fine for one. I do like the 37.2's L-shaped galley vs. the 43.3's port-side straight galley.

I was on a Cyclades 43 for sailing school and she was fine to sail. The dual helm allowed you to work helm as well as jib lines without shuffling people. I heard from multiple brokers that the Cyclades 43 suffers from a lot of flex and the stringers are just tabbed in instead of being attached for their full length that can result in detached stringers and shifting bulkheads. Depending on the boat, you might get some exciting flexing in the kind of big seas and high winds we saw last week.

If it was me, I wouldn't pay $400 more for the 43.3. The 41.3 is the Beneteau Oceanis 40 we bought, and we are very happy with her. The 42.3 is the new Beneteau Oceanis 41; we haven't seen the Moorings version, but the standard version is very nice. Given all that, we'd be very happy on a 37.2 with two or three people.

Cheers, RickG

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada