We make a full itinerary for each trip. To me the researching is a big part of the fun. That being said we have never exactly followed it. Things happen like excessive winds, northern swells, or in the case of this year, a great gentleman named Eugene who cruised over to our boat and told us about the Anegada Beach Club, that there is a great beach with snorkeling there, an awesome beach bar, a nice restaurant and best of all he will drive us there for free in his truck. If we decided to stick to our itinerary we would have missed out on the best day we have ever had in Anegada.
Just as he said, he drove us to the Beach Club and it was exactly as advertised. We enjoyed a good lunch near the pool then went to the beach for some snorkeling while the husbands hung out at the beach bar. They had a great time as did we. Mary is the bartender there. She was super in every way. She also took us for a tour of their luxurious tents. We were blown away.
That night we tried out the Wonky Dog thanks to the great advice given here on TTOL. It was a fantastic meal with an equally great host, Desne. We had a spectacular meal and even had deserts because they sounded so amazing. It may sound crazy, but the sweet corn and bacon ice cream was the winner!
Having just gotten back 2 nights ago, I haven't done my trip report yet, but I will say that our one day in Anegada was a highlight of the trip. We have stayed for two nights in the past and that was great as well and if you have time go for it. That way you will see it all. But do not miss out just because you think one day is not enough. It certainly was for us.

Kim