We've been going to the island at the same time each year for several years, so have a lot of friends who are there at the same time that we are. Our plans are rarely made until the morning, when we connect with them, or don't, as everyone needs time to themselves occasionally.

I generally get up before 6, make coffee, and enjoy that on our balcony while watching the sky light up, and the cruise ships arrive. I catch up on TTOL, and connect with our friends on Facebook so plans can be made.

We generally end up at one beach or another by 9:30 or 10; we like to get there early to be sure to get front row chairs. A bloody Mary usually follows, and a walk on the beach.

Around 12:30 we'll head to the restaurant (if we're at a beach that has one, and we almost always are) for lunch. Usually it becomes our main meal of the day and is an event that lasts a couple of hours (or more if we're with friends) along with a bottle or two of wine. Another beach walk after lunch to work at least a few of the calories off, more chair time, and we usually head home around 3 or 3:30.

Evening plans depend on how big our lunch was: either dinner of cheese, crackers, fruit and wine on the balcony; or a meal out with our friends or sometimes just the two of us.

We're not late night people, so we're usually tucked in by 10.

I enjoy the loosy-goosy feel of our stay without making a lot of plans and feeling like we're running every minute. But we're there for three weeks, so it's easier not to feel that we have to cram a lot of vacation into a short time.