I know most of the charterers are over on the BVI board but I think there are a few of us here too so I hope someone can offer some answers/suggestions...

For my upcoming charter, I'm thinking of spending a night anchored in Simpson Bay. In my previous two trips, I've never visited the Dutch side (except back and forth from the airport to Oyster Pond where the boat is) so I have a few questions.

First, do I need to clear in and out of Customs when coming from the French side? I know you don't have to do any of that on land but I'm not totally clear on doing it by boat. On one hand, somebody said it is just like driving a car and you don't need to worry. On the other hand, the Cruising Guide says you do - although it doesn't differentiate coming from the French side and coming from say, Florida.

Next, what are good anchoring spots. It sounds like I can go either side of the channel for the bridge and that maybe the Southeast side is better. Thoughts?

I can't take the boat into the lagoon (charter rules) but I think I can take the dinghy in. Can I just take the dinghy under the bridge or do I have to wait for specific openings?

Finally, I'm looking for suggestions on places to eat - lunch and/or dinner. I've read some of the other threads and am leaning towards Pineapple Pete's and BBB. If I understand correctly, BBB is on the beach. Can I just beach the dinghy there and go ashore? For PP, is it best to go into the lagoon and dock at their dock?

Thanks for any and all help and opinions,

Tom