GeorgeC1 said:
There is no reason you can't use the Moorings provisioning with owners time. You simply enter your contract number on the website. We were very impressed with the service two weeks ago. Arrived at the boat to find everything onboard and all the cold items put away. Wife says only we she is doing it ever again!
G

Not using Moorings. The boat is with DYC. Pretty sure they'll provision if I wanted them to. My understanding is that we get treated just like any other charterer which, I am told is pretty darn good. DYC staff has a good rep.

I am pre-ordering most non-perishables, will have them delivered Saturday and will shop the rest on Friday. Last year I pre-ordered with Riteway. I stopped by and wanted to check my order on Friday, the day before it was delivered as well as add some things to that order.

The provisioning manager (don't remember his name) seemed bewildered by why I would want to do this. He did accommodate us but was not too happy about it. His list and my list were way different in appearance which was more a factor of how my list was downloaded versus how the store uses their lists ..... but it was hard to compare and at first glance there were a ton of mistakes, stuff not there, subbed itesm, etc. His excuse was that they were still assembling the order and I could not go to the back and look at it. Fair enough. I then added a few items and off we went.

On Saturday, the 5:30pm promised delivery turned into an 8:30pm delivery after 2 frustrating calls to find out where stuff was. By that time we were all tired (or in the bag) and had little interest in doing a good inventory. We did check a few items but for the most part, we just wanted to get the provisions below and get on with our little party.

My fault, I suppose but don't say I didn't try to get all this right.

So, while I think the general consensus is that Riteway is very good at what they do, just want to hear from others and their recent experiences. So far so good. It's probably where I'll go to get most things pre-ordered because, when I visit in person, it is a nice store with very good produce (usually), always very clean and seemingly tuned in to provisioning.

I'm going to do a lot more picking my own stuff off the shelves this time though. I'd rather actually eyeball what I'm getting after my most recent experience.

Still looking for someone to post about Good Moon Farms produce.

Last edited by jbuch02; 06/09/2015 02:56 PM.